Service Manager: Falls Village Apartments
Location: Baltimore, MD
Area of Interest: Maintenance
Position Type: Full Time
Area of Interest:
As a Service Manager for Falls Village, you will help maintain the physical integrity of this community with 320 apartment-homes. The Service Team consists 2 Service Technicians and 2 Porters.
*This property also shares emergency on-call with a nearby sister community throughout the year, so the rotation is less frequent.
Most Important Responsibilities
- Demonstrate important leadership qualities and take initiative to help plan and execute service maintenance activities on the property, i.e. scheduling tasks and ordering supplies.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot maintenance concerns, seek contractor assistance only when necessary and communicate action plan to your team and the residents.
- Work closely with the Community Manager to communicate the mechanical/technical aspects of the community and make good decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up to ensure quality of final work product.
- Share your knowledge with the team to promote teambuilding.
- Connect with the team daily to review scheduled tasks, service requests, make ready board and turn schedule.
- Identify future budget needs including larger capital projects.
- Take initiative to problem solve and manage expenses.
Most Important Qualifications
- MUST BE A GO-GETTER with a proven track record of taking initiative.
- Management and leadership experience is preferred.
- Technical skills should include the ability to troubleshoot/repair/maintain HVAC components, appliance repair, carpentry, plumbing, electrical and all other general CRC maintenance requirements.
- Vehicle/truck and tools.
- Customer service skills a must.
Interested? Please apply below. EOE